Thursday, September 8, 2011

This is me now...

The time is finally here!!! I’ve decided to start on the road of my passion(s)… DESIGN AND WRITING! Yes I'm yelling them at you, I'm incredibly excited! I’ve tried the whole diary thing more times than I can count, and though I hate sitting at a computer screen for hours on end, seeing "myself" appear onto a pretend piece of paper on my screen  is completely alluring. So here I am... jotting my thoughts and whatever other crazyness goes on in my head, as well as sharing my never ending list of projects and designs that I'm working on. I'm hoping by sharing pieces of myself I can conquer my rat race mind.

Welcome to my crazy life.

I'm slow to the roll on figuring out new computer programs, and with finals next week, jazzing up the blog is going to have to be on the back burner (for now). I couldn't stop thinking about how badly I wanted to start the blog though, so I'm checking it off the list! Currently I am working on a VERY long list of items that I am fixing up for our new apartment. Before we moved I decided I wanted all new "old" stuff. So the hunt has been on. Fortunately I get the biggest kick out of garage sales, antique malls, craigslist, etc. I have had some awesome scores so far, and will be sharing with you before and afters. In addition to my at home projects I am also working with DOUG FIR and RED BULL on a re-design for the green room at Doug Fir. The green room is a place for musicians to prepare for their shows, and then relax/party afterwards. This project has been extremely rewarding so far, and we haven't even started the build out! I can't wait to share pictures of the before, process, and after, it will BLOW YOUR MIND!


Today I want to share with you a quick little project I did last weekend. I found this foot stool at a garage sale for $4. This little lady, as you can see, was in pretty bad shape! But she had a good set of strong legs. No wonder I liked her so much, she's just like me, out of shape, but strong legs that get me where I'm going! So into the honda she went.



 I started out by stripping the nasty (probably 30 year old) vinyl covering off, that yes, smelled like fermaldahide. As you could guess, the padding was in pretty bad shape too. 


Since I save EVERYTHING, I had padding left over from a chair I did a complete re-design on (I took the whole thing apart and sawed off what was previously the arms, added legs etc.)


Then I added some fabric I had purchased months ago, knowing it would be perfect for something. And it was! She's quite a Gem now... or rather a diamond in the rough. 


I'm contemplating painting the legs gold, what do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. I like the gold idea... what about a jewel tone? I am obsessing over dark teal green jewel tone right now, and i think it would be so unsuspecting! Your blog is awesome sister, now maybe I will add another post to my own.
    you can visit my sexy blog at:
    sarahisfancy.blogspot.com

    kisses hugs & jugs.... of pink wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... not a bad idea! I'm thinking you'll LOVE my unveil of something I've been working on. It will be done on Friday. Check back then.

    Pink wine or bust. Love you!

    ReplyDelete